Designed from a clean sheet using state-of-the-art knowledge and engineering to be a better differential than any other. It uses a patent pending design to improve grip in low traction conditions. Wavetrac gives you quicker acceleration and faster cornering by driving both drive wheels instead of just one. And, it offers improved no-load performance when compared to other helical gear differentials on the market.
How Wavetrac works:
The innovative, patent-pending, Wavetrac device in the center of the differential responds during the exact conditions when zero or near-zero axle-load occurs. At or near zero axle-load, the axles (and therefore each side gear in the differential) start to turn at different speeds.
This speed differential causes the Wavetrac device to step into action.
Precisely engineered wave profiles are placed on one side gear and its mating preload hub. As the two side gears rotate relative to each other, each wave surface climbs the other, causing them to move apart. Very quickly, this creates enough internal load within the Wavetrac to STOP the zero axle-load condition. The zero axle-load condition is halted, and the drive torque is applied to the wheel on the ground (the gripping wheel) keeping the power down.
What this means for you as a driver is that power is delivered to the gripping wheels for more time and in a more constant manner – making you faster and improving stability. The Wavetrac truly is different – and its innovative features can make a real difference in your car s performance.
- Carbon-fiber bias plates for the best all around performance and lifetime durability
- Gear tooth forms are optimized for strength and improved oil film retention
- Gear package is smaller, reducing overall mass yet optimized for high torque conditions
- Internal gears are made from high strength 9310 alloy steel
- Differential bodies are machined from case-hardened steel billet
- Built exclusively using high quality, high strength fasteners from ARP
- All Wavetrac differentials include a transferable, Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Audi 5MT Quattro 016|093 Transmission
If you are unsure of fitment for your vehicle please contact us if you have any questions.