The 3.7L Nissan 370Z has a lot to gain with a ECU Flash. With our upgrade you gain quicker throttle response, increased torque, and a top end that pulls very hard to redline. Our test car was a 2010 which we dynoed; in about 65F temperature on 91 octane doing a 3rd gear pull. Typical drivetrain loss for a rear wheel drive only car is about 10%. Already having a catback exhaust and cold air intake, this 370Z was a bit stronger than its stock 337bhp from the factory. So our baseline test revealed 333 rear wheel horsepower and 273FT/LBs of torque.
The ECU tune for the Nissan 370Z requires the ECU to be removed from the vehicle. The ECU is located behind the glove box which you can follow our ECU Removal Instructions here. The post ecu flash upgrade was tested within hours of our baseline. The car then made 347rwhp and 282FT/LBs of torque. This gave us a Tuned gain of 14rwhp and 11FT/LBs of torque. The torque gain was pretty consistent throughout the full RPM test pull where the horsepower gains started to show at about 4500 rpm to redline. In addition to the performance gains, the throttle is much more responsive and the car revs out quicker.
Wheel Horsepower Ratings:
- Stock Power: 333rwhp | 273ft/lbs
- Tuned Power: 347rwhp | 282ft/lbs
How to Flash Your ECU:
- 2009-2018 you can Mail in you ECU for Bench Flash. Once we receive the ECU and program it, we will ship it back to you via the method you select at checkout.
- 2009-2012 Cars use the Alientech Powergate 3+ handheld device. This device is a touchscreen module that lets you store your original and tuned files to easily flash between them. See Instructions Here.
With the VR Tuned ECU Flash, basic bolt-on performance parts will not require a retune of your ECU. Adding parts such as an exhaust, air intake, headers, plenum spacer, will all adjust with the tune. If you add higher octane fuel, the ECU will adjust accordingly.
What are the benefits of VR Tuned?
- #1 priority; is our customer service to you!
- Our tuning is used worldwide. We can provide you a tuned file no matter the octane you get or the environment you live in.
- We do both EU and USA vehicles running 91oct (95ron) or 93oct (98ron).
- We test and dyno tune on our own cars to make sure what you get is safe, reliable, and gives you the results you want!
If you have any questions about this ECU Flash, please contact our friendly support team!
For reference, this ECU is a Hitachi MEC 107-400