GPS technology represents a true revolution in data acquisition. Thanks to the new AIM GPS08 Module and its GPS Manager software, you can immediately get lap times and all the data needed for improving your driving technique. The GPS module (antenna and receiver in one) is connected via a CAN cable and is both simple and quick to install in a number of locations due to its lightweight and it being waterproof.
GPS08 is more precise than most of the existing GPS systems, as it has been designed to add to the GPS satellite’s signal the Global Navigation Satellite (Glonass) system’s signal. With an average of almost twenty satellites working in conjunction, GPS08 guarantees a precision and a reliability simply not comparable to the old generation GPS systems.
The benefits are huge:
- An average of less than one meter tolerance, which means absolute precision in determining vehicle position in curves and when the finish line is very close to another track segment
- Satellite signal is locked very rapidly. A few seconds after switch-on, the GPS08 is ready to operate
- No risk of missing the signal anymore, as – in case of ‘noise’ or interferences on one system – the other system will guarantee the signal continuity
GPS technology represents a true revolution in racing data acquisition. Now, thanks to GPS08 Module and Race Studio 3 software, as soon as you start your track session you can immediately sample lap and split times as well as speed, position and acceleration… all the information needed for engine tuning as well as for improving your driving technique.
A number of versions are available to suit different applications:
- Car or Bike: 1.3m or 4m cable, or a 2m or 4m “roof” version (with cable entry from underneath) specifically designed for easy installation on covered cars. Many users have found that the roof version works well when fitted to race bike fairings, as the module can be bolted through the fairing with the bonus being that the cable can be detached at the GPS module making removal much quicker and more convenient.
- Kart: to suit MyChron4 & MyChron4 2T Kart Lap Timer / Data Logger, complete with the required 2 way data-hub and external power lead. Please note: this is the original GPS05 module as the 08 will not work with a MyChron4.
- SmartyCam: to suit AIM SmartyCam HD & GP HD cameras ONLY. Has a 4 pin connection for use only with the HD SmartyCams. 1.3m or 4m cable, or 4m “roof” version (with cable entry from underneath) specifically designed for easy installation on covered cars.
- EVO4 Logger: Unique and ONLY for use with the EVO4 due to the internal programming and this being an antenna only, it can easily be identified by the grey plastic connector. Available in 1.3 or 4m lengths. Please note: this is the original GPS05 module as the 08 will not work with an EVO4.