- Why should I list my products on Compare.Parts?
- How do you get my products?
- How do you keep my products up to date?
- How much does it cost?
- Are there any rules?
- How do I sign up?
Think of Compare.Parts as an extension of your business. To be competitive online you need to have a strong website, good search engine positioning, presence on social media etc. For some businesses this can be really expensive through digital marketing agencies or consultants. We offer a much cheaper and better value alternative.Compare.Parts will provide you with additional sales to your site, enabling you to reach a global audience of car enthusiasts.
Our fees are fair – we offer multiple models from fixed fees (think of this like rent), to performance based models (pay for people who visit your site) and lastly commission based (you pay us a small % of your sales).
If you aren’t sure, or have any questions feel free to contact us.
We have three systems to add your products to our site.
The first is a crawler which we call the Autobot. The Autobot will visit your website and find products, extract important information such as the product description, the product price, product image, and most importantly a link. This information is then processed and uploaded into CompareParts. During this process we “normalise” product information to match our information schema, which basically means we categorise and add additional information if its missing, such as what vehicle the part is suited for and the Brand of the product.</P
Product Feeds Static
The other system is a Product Feed, we provide retailers a excel template and they send us over a list of products, images, pricing and links. We then check the data and upload it into our system.
Product Feeds Dynamic
Some of our advertisers provide a product feed of all of their parts. We import this product feed frequently to ensure we have the most up to date product range on the website
We offer three different types of models:
- Fixed fee – The simplest for small-medium sized businesses, you pay a six monthly subscription fee to have your products displayed on Compare.Parts.
- Cost per click – For qualifying advertisers, you will be given a login allowing you to access your product listings and set a costs per click as low as £0.20p. This is cheaper than Google Adwords or Bing and the traffic quality is substantially highed. This enables your products to be featured across the site. Its great if you have a good understanding of Pay per click and have ROI reporting.
- Commision – Retailers who have an affiliate platform can invite Compare.Parts to signup providing the commision and revenue attribution model is correct
We have some house rules.
- An E-commerce site – customers must be able to buy your products from your website.
- Payment protection – retailers must take measures to protect their customers’ payment details.
- SSL Security – retailers ensure their websites are secure, free from malware, viruses. If you need help converting to SSL just contact us and we can provide you with some advice on how to do this.
- Product pages on your website – We must be able to deep link to a product page on your site
- Bait and Switch – If the price you submit to us is not what the end user gets, you will get a strike. Three strikes and you will be removed from the site. It’s not fair to users or other advertisers.